• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron eyepieces (1 Viewer)

boznia

Sorry, I am a newbie and not sure about something.

I understand that opticron sell HR and HDF eyepieces, but are there different HR lenses for different scopes and similarly different HDF eyepieces for different scopes.

I own a budget scope, the IS60 and, possibly stupidly, opted for the zoom eyepiece when I bought it. I am thinking of buying an eyepiece, and have seen some secondhand ones online at very reasonable prices, but do not understand whether they will fit my scope as they are merely labelled HR 25x for example.

Please pass on your fountain of knowledge and help me.

Thanks for your time,

Ben

The IS60 is compatable with all HR & HDF however you need to buy an adapter (you don't with the MM2 which takes the eyepieces as standard).

I think there are 3 different adapters and different lenses require different adapters. It might prove less bother to buy the dedicated fixed lens (costs the same as the HR25 new).

As a rule the HDF cost more than the HR but the HDF are better quality.

Check the the Opticron website for 100% certainty

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back