• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

more birds from Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

maria-TX-BCN

thanks to all of you that are helping me ID some of the birds I saw in my first trip to Costa Rica. You guys are terrific.

here are some pictures that were not so good but I hope that may ring a bell to some of you. Any comment to any picture may help.

Thanks in advance.

all taken near El Arenal area last week.

1.Plain Xenops??
2. some kind of Oriole but all that I can think of would be out of range
3 and 4. are from the same individual but I fail to see what species

Attachments

• DSCN9603.JPG
    DSCN9603.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN9601.JPG
    DSCN9601.JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN9690.JPG
    DSCN9690.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN9684.JPG
    DSCN9684.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 31
Golden-crowned- the photo is a good capture of the stripes on the head, look more pronounced than when seen in the field, but Costa Rican is not all yellow below, has bolder stripes on head, and doesn't have those blue-gray upperparts. Also, Costa Rican doesn't occur at Arenal except maybe in highest parts of Skytrek.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back