• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hong Kong, beginning of May (1 Viewer)

ekopa

Hello!

Will be in HK and can spend some time on birding on Apr 30 - May 2. Could you recommend good places for this time of the year? I secured a pass to May Po, so will spend one day there. I am interested in both migrants and local birds as well.
I am thinking of Tai Po, Tai Mo Shan, Kap Lung Forest Trail, Former Long Valley - too long a list to do in 2 days:). Please help me choose the best ones

Thank you!

I suggest Tai Po Kau in the morning and Long Valley in the afternoon on one day. You may also consider Po Toni island by ferry from Aberdeen - which is good for migrants.

Cheers
Mike

Thank you, Mike
Po Toni island and Po Toi island - the same place?
Could you recommend one more place for an afternoon visit?

Dear Alexey

Apologies for the error - should be Po Toi, not Po Toni.

For a second afternoon . . . probably Long Valley again, and stay until dusk for the best chance of Painted Snipe.

Cheers
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back