• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kyocera sl400r settings (1 Viewer)

Andy Bright said:
Hi Brian,

Alternatively, use the +/- exposure compensation (often called EV) in the menu... in this case you would increase the EV setting to +1.7 or more, but you need to check your results immediately to see if this is too much or not enough by using the camera's monitor.

Hope that helps a bit.

regards,
Andy

Finally had a chance to do some more digiscoping, and your tips on the EV setting done the trick, thanks.
Here are 2 of the better ones, and a 3rd in which the waxwings were drinking from a puddle, but in my haste I forgot to reset the EV. Is there any way improving it?.
Brian.

Attachments

• Waxwing 3.jpg
    Waxwing 3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Waxwing 4.jpg
    Waxwing 4.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Waxwing 5.jpg
    Waxwing 5.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 270
Apologies for another blatant plug, but I am now back in production having seemingly got the last 10 1.7mm/4mm DC plugs left in the UK. Anyone else want one let me know, they're going fast, and with after work birding now beckoning my spare time is in short supply.

Mark

M N Reeder said:
Apologies for another blatant plug, but I am now back in production having seemingly got the last 10 1.7mm/4mm DC plugs left in the UK. Anyone else want one let me know, they're going fast, and with after work birding now beckoning my spare time is in short supply.

Mark

Hello Mark,
I saw some on Maplin Electronics the other day.
Just checked, Power tip I, code AR22Y , 1558 in stock.
Also in stock,
DC Output lead, code AQ81C
4AA Battery Box code HF29G
PP3 Type Battery Snap code HF28F
Hope this helps you out,
Brian

siberian said:
Hello Mark,
I saw some on Maplin Electronics the other day.
Just checked, Power tip I, code AR22Y , 1558 in stock.
Also in stock,
DC Output lead, code AQ81C
4AA Battery Box code HF29G
PP3 Type Battery Snap code HF28F
Hope this helps you out,
Brian

Thanks Brian

I use the fixed type rather than the tip type, as there' no chance of the user putting the tip on the wrong way round and buggering the camera. Once the fixed one is soldered I test it for 30mins - an hour on my own camera.

Regards

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back