• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paintings (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
Hi there

After some fiddling about with picture sizes. I have downloaded 2 pictures I painted with Water colours a while ago.

The Blue is a little fat as I got my proportions a bit wrong. It has 'Fat bird' syndrone LOL.

I have posted Poppies on GF already.

Anyone else like painting with Water colours. o:D

Kathy
x

Attachments

• BlueTit1.jpg
    BlueTit1.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Flowers1.jpg
    Flowers1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 44
What lovely paintings Kathy, very natural looking. There's nothing wrong with the Bluetit, it just ate all the fatballs!

I like dabbling with watercolours but I get frustrated becuase I'm hopeless at drawing. I'm going to go to a beginners class at a local college next month in the hope that I'll learn to draw a straight line!

Thank you for your kind compliaments Bea.

I never thought of that Bluetits love their food (girthline does not come into it) and I am sure that they will eat all the Fatballs very easily. o:D

Please tell me how you do in your beginners class. I am sure that you will enjoy it very much. Great to relax by. :-O

Kathy
x

Delightful paintings, Kathy! Well done and thanks for posting them for us all to see.

Hi Pam

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I have always like these paintings.

I must get them framed and pass them down to my neice one day as she loves Art too. :-O

Kathy

Hi Kathy.
They are lovely. I did dabble many years ago, and managed a couple of half-decent pictures, but I haven't touched the brushes since. Perhaps you can inspire me.

Baz.

Lovely paintings Kathy, Ive also enrolled in an art class this Autumn, so hopefully a few of us can inspire you soon Baz.
Good luck with your classes Bea
Thanks for showing your artwork Kathy, well done

Hi Pie.

Posts: 3,131 Lovely paintings Kathy, Ive also enrolled in an art class this Autumn, so hopefully a few of us can inspire you soon Baz.

You don't what you're taking on: it's certainly some challenge. LOL!!

Baz

Last edited:
Hi Kathy Ive dabbled around with both water colours and acrylics, mostly landscapes and ancient ruins, must try some wildlife painting, mind you Im good at seagulls in my seascapes ( well I think there Ok).
Keep up the good work, and I admire you for showing your work, i dont think i would have the courage to do so as yet,
Pie hope your course works for you, will wait in anticipation for your first exhibition.

Happy Painting Guys PeterK

Lovely! Thanks for sharing. Any more to come?

Thank you for your comments. I will see what I can do

Hi Kathy.
They are lovely. I did dabble many years ago, and managed a couple of half-decent pictures, but I haven't touched the brushes since. Perhaps you can inspire me.

Baz.

Hi Pie.

Lovely paintings Kathy, Ive also enrolled in an art class this Autumn, so hopefully a few of us can inspire you soon Baz.

You don't what you're taking on: it's certainly some challenge. LOL!!

Baz

Hi Baz

Thank you and yes I would like to think that I will inspire you to do more. I would love to see your pictures as I am sure that they are really good ;)

Hi Kathy Ive dabbled around with both water colours and acrylics, mostly landscapes and ancient ruins, must try some wildlife painting, mind you Im good at seagulls in my seascapes ( well I think there Ok).
Keep up the good work, and I admire you for showing your work, i dont think i would have the courage to do so as yet,
Pie hope your course works for you, will wait in anticipation for your first exhibition.

Happy Painting Guys PeterK

hi Peter

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Looking forward to seeing your dabbled landscapes and more pleassseeee......!!!!

Love to exchange a few works or words of art between people here.

Kathy
x

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back