• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica's bad result (1 Viewer)

dxchaser

Hi Folks,
I wonder if you could help me please
Somewhere on the forum i remember reading a scope review (it was a link from someone’s posting) where the Televid APO came out fifth
because of what was described as flawed optics
the reviewer went on to say that out of the 20 scopes tested two were lemons due to bad optics, the 77 APO criticism was that the reviewers were unable to focus correctly at 60x mag, i just forget the manufactures name of the other scope,
Also if i can remember correctly the Ziess took quiet a time to
settle down at the low outside temp.

Please Please can someone point me to that review again i have lost
it's location,
Thanks in anticipation
Ian

dxchaser said:
Hi Folks,
I wonder if you could help me please
Somewhere on the forum i remember reading a scope review (it was a link from someone’s posting) where the Televid APO came out fifth
because of what was described as flawed optics
the reviewer went on to say that out of the 20 scopes tested two were lemons due to bad optics, the 77 APO criticism was that the reviewers were unable to focus correctly at 60x mag, i just forget the manufactures name of the other scope,
Also if i can remember correctly the Ziess took quiet a time to
settle down at the low outside temp.

Please Please can someone point me to that review again i have lost
it's location,
Thanks in anticipation
Ian

It's the Alula review: http://www.alula.fi/gb/

(Click on the optics reviews link.)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back