Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Easy to get to birding spots in Andalucia?

Old Saturday 23rd March 2013, 04:31   #1
greeniguana

Question Easy to get to birding spots in Andalucia?

Hi all

Have a 3 week trip planned to andalucia at the beginning of May. Want to do some birding (and general nature/photography etc) while I'm there. My problem is that all my travelling will be on public transport which makes it pretty difficult to get to a lot of the birding areas. So anyone know of any places to stay that I can get to by public transport that also have rural/birdy spots within EASY walking distance?

I am starting my trip with 5 nights at el rocio cause I know there are plenty of opps for birding within easy walking distance there (as well as the Nat Park of course).

Your help would be much appreciated.

thanks eve
Old Thursday 4th April 2013, 19:42   #2
markm

Grazalema is on bus routes and has lots of great walks around many starting in the village. The tourist office has an english chap who is very knowledgable about local birds and wildlife.
http://www.grazalemaguide.com/
http://www.lamejorana.net/ingles/lacasa.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf1865crop.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	435776  Click image for larger version

Name:	Dscf1716crop.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	320.8 KB
ID:	435777