• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skipper ID in Southern California, November 2014 (1 Viewer)

jml2665

Nature and Wildlife Photographers
re-posted to correct forum, if I could delete prior post I would

taken at South Coast Botanic Garden near Palos Verdes California on 28 November 2014, a little help with the ID would be greatly appreciated. Other views are posted in the same album on Flickr (link) if needed.
https://flic.kr/p/qa1ncJ

Thanks in Advance
Jim

Attachments

• 20141128_105646_CA2_3817.jpg
    20141128_105646_CA2_3817.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 42
thanks renopaul, I've got more of this Skipper posted on our flickr page if you're interested, still in need of a ID though, drives me nuts that I can't figure it out, probably looking with the same intensity as when I look for my glasses, which I eventually find lifted onto the top of my head ;-)

You really need a shot with the wings spread to be sure, but it looks like a Sandhill Skipper, Polites s. sabuleti, fide Emmel & Emmel, 1973, The butterflies of southern California,Nat His Mus Los Angeles Co, Science Series 26.

Will

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back