• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dear Santa for Christmas I would like...... (1 Viewer)

mpeace

Just a bit of festive fun (ignore at will)......if you were to be given any binocular at Christmas (so money not an issue) what would you be most pleased with? I think this is a chance for something a bit different that you'd like, but probably wouldn't buy for yourself. Or even a classic that's hard to find. For me at the moment I quite fancy a 12x bin, but have never used one and don't need another bin. But wow if I found a 12x50 EL in my stocking I'd be extremely pleased. So that's my choice. You only get 1 choice.

Dear santa, I would like the updated version of the Leica Trinovid 7x35. Fingers crossed the elves in Wetzlar make it happen. Happy holiday season!

Santa,

I would like a Nikon EDG 7x42 with a wider field of view and Swarovski eye cups.

CG

P.S. There will be milk and cookies and raindeer treats waiting here for you!

Zeiss Pocket Victory 8x25, I think. I've never seen a pair but BF folk who have them are very positive on their merits. Slightly concerned that at 290gm they would be a bit heavy as a cycling bino.

I'd like a Zeiss FL 8x32 again please. Have some regrets about getting rid of one last winter.

I'm also slightly curious about the idea of new Swaro SLC 10x42 and wonder if Santa is
currently working on a new upgraded version of SLC.

Dear Santa. No need to stop off at my house. My wife has just bought me some brand new Swaro EL 10 x 32 and she let me take them out this-morning. I'll give you a shout next year perhaps.

OP said "which binocular", none thanks, quite happy for Santa to miss me out this year on that one.
Don't have alphas, but some decent betas that I am used to and comfortable with. Not convinced on the need to always want better binoculars.

And Sancho, really you need to stop the cycle before using the binoculars, it stuffs your depth of field peception, particularly when approaching corners. I know, I tried it as a teenager! Not worth the visit to a gorse bush in the New Forest. 3:)

OP said "which binocular", none thanks, quite happy for Santa to miss me out this year on that one.
Don't have alphas, but some decent betas that I am used to and comfortable with. Not convinced on the need to always want better binoculars.

And Sancho, really you need to stop the cycle before using the binoculars, it stuffs your depth of field peception, particularly when approaching corners. I know, I tried it as a teenager! Not worth the visit to a gorse bush in the New Forest. 3:)
:-O I hope both you and the bike were unharmed!

Interesting thought experiment to consider what I'd get if money were no object. Likely an 8x42 with enough eye relief for glasses, light weight, not too fast focusing, and a big FOV. Perhaps the Zeiss SF or Monarch HG unless santa has better ideas.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back