• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Clearwater during first part of April (1 Viewer)

Kibet

I am returning to the Clearwater area for a two week holiday (4th-18th April). Likely I will be visiting most of the sites I was at the year before. You can find the link to the report in my other thread to see what sites I visited previously.

Open to any recommendations at that time of year. I have just started to plan the trip, so may also venture out to another area for a few days but will mainly be based at Clearwater.

When at ft desoto focus on these areas
Oak patch by fort parking lot. As you enter lot group of oaks on right
East beach parking. Both ends of parking. Oaks in the picnic area. If you find birds walk edge on east end and you will see two trails. The first one venture in less than 50 yards checking area on right. If birds come back out and walk 2nd trail until it emerges at beach. Than done with area
Fountain area. Park by ranger house. Walk short trail back around to fountain
These are typically best areas. Honeymoon I rarely bird

Randy

Thank you Randy.

When I was at Ft Desoto last year, I think I missed a fair number of areas, so the tips are very useful and very much appreciated.

Heading next week to Clearwater, and noticed that the birdcast is now live. I will be keeping an eye out on that, and ebird.

I will also be doing at least one overnight stay outside of Clearwater, and thinking probably somewhere down at Babcock Webb for Red headed and Red cockaded Woodpeckers, and also Florida Scrubbies on the way back at Oscar Sherer SP and try to get some time at Celery Fields.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back