• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another Tasmanian "what is it " bird (1 Viewer)

Ron Co

about 6 pm - getting dark and this bird flew past the house and landed in the trees about 50 metres away -I could not see it clearly with the binoculars so I grabbed the Pentax K10 - 1600 ISO and using the 500mm Vivitar mirror lens (f8) got an exposure of 1/10th second hand held - I didn't expect to get anything recognisable but one of the 4 pics was this and I think it is a juvenile Kingfisher but if so which one ? And if not what is it?
No apologies for the quality this time -I am blown away i got anything :))

many thanks in anticipation for help
Ron Co

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ron-alenka/

Attachments

• King-0114.jpg
    King-0114.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 61
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back