• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need Binocular camera help (1 Viewer)

Rickenbacker

Greetings!

I'm a newbie to this sort of specialized equipment. I'm looking for binoculars that double as a camera.

I know they're out there, but what I'm looking for is one that photographs *Exactly* what I'm zooming in on thru the binoculars.

In other words, one where the binoculars & camera work *together*, not separately.
This is where it got a bit confusing to me when I tried Googling around for one. I'd look at one model & some reviews would say it does, & others said it doesn't.

Suggestions?

There are NO such binocular/camera devices in the market that are worth spending your money on! All the ones out there are basically tat.

Sony did bring a half decent one to market a few years ago but no one brought it and it was quickly discontinued. Swarovski have a hybrid system in pre-production, don't know when that is due out, there is a separate thread on that.
https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=3886689

What most people seem to do is just use a superzoom camera as birdwatching optic and camera and dispense with a separate "analogue" viewing device.

We shall wait and see if the new Swarovski device takes the market by storm, but I would avoid the cheap combo devices on Amazon and elsewhere like the plague.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back