• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax PR 65/80 ED Spotting Scope ? (1 Viewer)

gcole

United States
Has any one actually had one in hand or seen the elusive Pentax PR 65 or 80mm ED spotting scope. Online I see its advertised/sold across the pond but not here in the states. Does this newer version of the Pentax PF ED scope actually exist ?

The PR 80ED is available here in the UK to order, but not the PR65ED. I e-mailed Ricoh and the PR 65ED wasn't on the list of scopes available. The PF65mm was though. Maybe they want to sell all the old models off first, I don't know. It's a pity, because it looks like a nice scope.

Ron

Last edited:
The PR 80ED is available here in the UK to order, but not the PR65ED. I e-mailed Ricoh and the PR 65ED wasn't on the list of scopes available. The PF65mm was though. Maybe they want to sell all the old models off first, I don't know. It's a pity, because it looks like a nice scope.

Ron

Hi Ron, You are probably right about Rioch wanting to deplete all its remaining older scopes.

Three years to sell off old stock seems wholly reasonable...
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=257152

I must admit it does seem like a long time. At this rate they'll be bringing out a new scope before they've sold any of the PR65mm's

I don't think anybody knows what Pentax are doing with their scopes at the moment. They don't seem to be readily available anywhere.
There have been lots of price reductions, I think at some places it's selling for about half it's original price

It's a pity, because the PF65ed is a cracking little scope.

Ron

Since the revised/newer Pentax PR series Doublet ED 65 & 80mm spotting scopes were announced, I have been wanting to get my hands on one and I just might ? I was able to find a site called " Astro Shop.EU " who listed them on their website. I ordered the 65mm version package with the XL zoom. for $733.89 shipped to the states. Lead time states 1-2 weeks. Since they excepted my PayPal payment and their sites says shipping to the United States , I really hope I will get this and not a e-mail later on stating not available. If this does arrive, I will post my thoughts.

Since the revised/newer Pentax PR series Doublet ED 65 & 80mm spotting scopes were announced, I have been wanting to get my hands on one and I just might ? I was able to find a site called " Astro Shop.EU " who listed them on their website. I ordered the 65mm version package with the XL zoom. for $733.89 shipped to the states. Lead time states 1-2 weeks. Since they excepted my PayPal payment and their sites says shipping to the United States , I really hope I will get this and not a e-mail later on stating not available. If this does arrive, I will post my thoughts.

WOW ... That was fast, so much for the lead time. Just got a e-mail saying scope has been shipped with UPS tracking #. Looks like I will be getting my hands on one.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back