• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow-rumped warbler (myrtle race) in Iowa (1 Viewer)

Pam Duffy

While looking out of 2nd floor window, saw immature female yellow-rumped warbler as it sat on the porch overhang. Perfect view to see the yellow rump just proximal to the tale feathers. From my resource book (Birds of North America BY Robbins, Bruun, Zim, & Singer (1983) appears that central Iowa (city of Adel/Dallas County) is in the fall migration range.
Pam Duffy 10-19-04

Hi Pam.Welcome to bird forum .The yellow rumped is one of our most common warbs and among the prettiest.Someday you'll see so many you'll start to call them by their nickname "butterbutt"
Sam

Thanks for information

samuel walker said:
Hi Pam.Welcome to bird forum .The yellow rumped is one of our most common warbs and among the prettiest.Someday you'll see so many you'll start to call them by their nickname "butterbutt"
Sam
Hey, thanks for the info, Sam. Appreciate all the help I can get as a novice! Pam

Hi Pam,

Welcome to the BirdForum! Good call on the Yellow-rumped Warbler! They do tend to get quite numerous as they migrate north in Spring, and now South in the Fall. Keep watching those birds. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away here on the Forum.

Regards, from Missouri,

During the winter months the yellow-rump is one of the most numerous birds around here. It is also one of my favorites, although I can get frustrated with them around April, when I'm looking for other migrating warblers and all I see is trees full of little butterbutts.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back