• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adam's Art (2 Viewers)

Adam W

Just sitting at home waiting to listen to Sunderland get beat off Arsenal so i thought i'd share some of my art work,first some of my more recent oils not that i get much chance these days to do much painting.

Attachments

• tn_036.JPG
    tn_036.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 177
  • tn_032.JPG
    tn_032.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 212
  • tn_033.JPG
    tn_033.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 161
  • tn_038.JPG
    tn_038.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 156
  • tn_035.JPG
    tn_035.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 206
Here are a few of my older watercolours and sketches.

Attachments

• tn_027.JPG
    tn_027.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 134
  • tn_028.JPG
    tn_028.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 125
  • tn_030.JPG
    tn_030.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 142
  • tn_039.JPG
    tn_039.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 146
  • tn_040.JPG
    tn_040.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 185
A lot to like here Adam - my absolute favourites are the fifth one from your first post; the angle of the birds is perfectly done and that crisp moonlit scene works really well. The perch is a real cracker, too.

A lot to like here Adam - my absolute favourites are the fifth one from your first post; the angle of the birds is perfectly done and that crisp moonlit scene works really well. The perch is a real cracker, too.

Thanks Tim, thats my favourite one too, i think the perch is my one and only attempt at a fish but i was quite pleased with it.

Welcome along to the best bit Adam.

I like the fifth one too along with the first one, shame to hide your light under a bushel for so long! Lots more like these to come I hope.

Mike

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, as i'v said i dont seem to get much time to paint these days but i'll try and post some more pics.

A couple more of my older watercolours and the Eider one is an oil thats still in progress but has been for several months now, if i ever get round to finishing it i'll post a pic of the end result.

Attachments

• tn_002.JPG
    tn_002.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 134
  • tn_003.JPG
    tn_003.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 136
  • tn_001.JPG
    tn_001.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 139
Yes - these are excellent - super composition with the grouse and a nice variety of poses giving that grouse 'explosion' feel and I think the woodcock is a fab piece. Hope you get the eider done soon too - that's definitely headed the right way (what are your plans? adding a few more?) - good sea.

Thanks again Tim, my plan is to add another Eider below and to the left of the first bird,i'd like it to be a female in a way to make a pair but not sure i'll be able to pull that off as well as another drake.

welcome to the art section from me too - plenty of great stuff to see here, too much to comment on, so I'll just enjoy!

Lovely stuff. The Woodcock composition is atmospheric ,and you understand the "rule of thirds" so naturally. Oils are so hard to master. You seem to be a natch! Good luck and keep posting your stuff!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back