• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Passes Provision to End All Migratory Bird Protections in the United States (1 Viewer)

This has yet to clear senate committee, never mind going to the floor for a vote.
Other entities stand to gain, albeit perhaps not as lucratively as wind farms.
US based web sites such as yahoo having sub sites with somewhat of a cottage industry in "holistic veterinary medicine & care". Users there openly displaying captured birds such as barn owls, with claims of needing help to nurse the birds back to health.
Those sites do not want US F&G intervention in their daily business.

It says Duncan is a Republican Representative from South Carolina, so Republicans in his district in South Carolina are who he's presumably "working for". That being the case, I suspect most of them are pretty happy with this.

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but it seems to me politicians often 'work for' whoever gives them the money to run an effective campaign (often a negative one) so they can be re-elected.

Perhaps I'm too cynical, but it seems to me politicians often 'work for' whoever gives them the money to run an effective campaign (often a negative one) so they can be re-elected.

Money is only one aspect of it. They also (usually) need party support. They also need "political base" votes. They also need some minimum of general election votes. So the answer is all the above. But in this case my suspicion is that all of those groups are satisfied.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back