• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Windows Update (1 Viewer)

markho

When I try to download the latest windows update from their webpage I receive the following error message.

Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer.

It then instructs me to download these files which I do but I still get the same error message when I try to update again. Trying to get help from Microsoft or Acer is hopeless so does anyone know whats wrong, or had experience of this problem.

Andrew Rowlands said:
Mark, first thing to do is run Belarc Advisor http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html the report will give you links direct to the missing critical updates.

What happens when you enable Automatic Updates?

Cheers,

Andy.

Thanks Andy, I've run Belarc and everything seems to be Ok.The report states

All required security hotfixes (using the 11/14/2006 Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary) have been installed.

Green ticks everywhere
And Windows Update is enabled its just when I go to the update page that it doesn't work.So I guess its OK ?

That does sound like Auto Updates is doing the job in the background ok!

I'd not worry about it at this point - just check again in @ a month, after the next round of updates - you never know, the next update might fix the glitch?!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back