Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Magnifying the passion for nature. Zeiss Victory Harpia 95. New!

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Lake Como and lesser lakes of Lombardy

Old Tuesday 9th January 2018, 12:13   #1
Sbiriguda

Lake Como and lesser lakes of Lombardy

Hello,
ciao a tutti, I will write in English in case non italian speakers are interested in the topic
I would like to start birdwatching in Lombardy, especially raptors like "pojana" (should be "ret tailed hawk") and lake birds, like coots, and so on. I am planning to watch them especially around lake Como, Pusiano, Annone, etc.
Any suggestions? By the way if you have a group there perhaps I could join
Old Tuesday 9th January 2018, 12:40   #2
Sangahyando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbiriguda View Post
Hello,
ciao a tutti, I will write in English in case non italian speakers are interested in the topic
I would like to start birdwatching in Lombardy, especially raptors like "pojana" (should be "ret tailed hawk") and lake birds, like coots, and so on. I am planning to watch them especially around lake Como, Pusiano, Annone, etc.
Any suggestions? By the way if you have a group there perhaps I could join
I don't know any locations (best of luck though), but I think you mean Common Buzzard or one of its subspecies, or something similar? Red-tailed Hawks don't occur in Europe. Anyway, I think there are some others here who can help you with locations.
Old Tuesday 9th January 2018, 16:40   #3
Sbiriguda

Yes that's the one "poiana" or "pojana" in Italian. Common buzzard must be the english name
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: