• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ringing camps (1 Viewer)

kuba

Hallo
I'm living in london now
I'm going to scotland in april
i would like to help with ringing birds in a camp but i don't know how can I apply for this pleasure.
I'm experienced in helping.
I have been in a lot of ringing camps now I want to help in scotland
please help
[email protected]

Hi Kuba,let me echo Elizabeth's welcome,on behalf of the Moderators and Admin of Bird Forum.
I'm sure you'll get some useful information,but meanwhile,as a fellow Londoner,where do you do your birding?

Hi Kuba

Ringing camps as you know them do not happen in Britain. The nearest thing would be to join a ringing group or get involved at one of the bird observatories, such as Landguard, Sandwich Bay and Dungeness within reach of London or the Isle of May in Scotland. You sghould contact the Ringing Unit at the BTO (The Nunnery, Thetford, Norfolk) to find out about ringing groups that would be convenient for you.

I hope this is a helpful reply.

Steve

thanks

thanks Elizabeth,Steve and Glousemore.
Steve it's really helpful answer.
I will send a mesage to BTO and I will try to find if they need people or not.
I didn't realised that something like camp not exist in england It's relly good fun to sleep in a tent when outside is snowing on march or november.
I recomend all of you to try this.
I'm living near Lee Valley Park so this is my most often area to do birwatching also Epping forest
thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back