• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Case recomendations 10x42 is L (1 Viewer)

keeny

Any case recommendations for the Canon 10x42 is L as I will be fitting short lens hoods on, and I doubt it will fit in the Canon supplied case.

Cheers, Chris.

Hi Chris,
You are probably correct.
I just tried the Canon 10x42 in its own case.
There is only a little wiggle room, probably not enough for short lens hoods.

The case from the Canon 18x50 would fit the 10x42 binocular with lens hoods, but is too large sideways, and my 18x50 case is flimsier than the 10x42 case. I don't know if present day 18x50 cases are thicker.

So, yes, someone please suggest a suitable case for the Canon 10x42 with lens hoods.

Otherwise a trip to a good camera shop will probably produce something suitable.

The case from a c.2007 Leica Ultravid 12x50 fits the Canon 10x42 binocular with about an inch of clear internal vertical space.

How long are the lens hoods?

Carmarthen cameras may have something suitable.

Haven't arrived yet but looking at my order it looks like 2.5 cm long and then I'll have the lens caps.
I bet there's a perfect case out there, just need to find it.
So far and its very early days I like them.

The Canon case has enough depth to hold my 10x42s with their 52mm metal lens hoods fitted.
The hoods add about 31mm to the glass, but there is enough slack to allow the case to zip closed.
There is no space left however for the strap, so I don't zip the case shut, just leave the strap outside.
Hoods are:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009GFY6EG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the info, I think then they will fit which will save me having to buy a case :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back