• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ABA Big Year 2018 (1 Viewer)

Here is the post for the Continental and New ABA Big Years. Nicole amassed the second-highest New ABA number and the third-highest Continental total. An amazing year by any measure!
Joe

Attachments

• ContinentalBigYears2018.xlsx
    125.8 KB · Views: 20
  • ContinentalBigYears2018ByCode.xlsx
    617.2 KB · Views: 13
  • NewABABigYears2018.xlsx
    109 KB · Views: 28
  • NewABABigYears2018ByCode.xlsx
    590.6 KB · Views: 19
Biggest Big Year of Someone Not Actually Doing a Big year?

Wondering if my 617 ABA list for 2018 constitutes the biggest non-Big-Year Big Year list? 12th spot on eBird.

My objective as an Australian working in Detroit (who had birded in the US a couple of times previously) most of the year was to boost my World List as much as I could so I got around whenever possible but only hit the ABA year targets once I had exhausted my lifer targets in a location.

Certainly had a great time and met some great people during my travels.

Thank you for the spreadsheets, Joe.

John W's blog entries for his 2019 photo big year have been understandably sporadic. His latest indicates his numbers (rarities chasing) are lower than expected, due to some early and recent travel hiccups and a lack of rarities in the lower 48. Also, he's taken some impromtu side trips, due to flight delays /cancelations, which did not produce the expected results. (Unfortunately, multiple "dips.")

Thank you for the spreadsheets, Joe.

John W's blog entries for his 2019 photo big year have been understandably sporadic. His latest indicates his numbers (rarities chasing) are lower than expected, due to some early and recent travel hiccups and a lack of rarities in the lower 48. Also, he's taken some impromtu side trips, due to flight delays /cancelations, which did not produce the expected results. (Unfortunately, multiple "dips.")

It is interesting that comparing his total as listed for the 27th Jan with 2016 progress, the totals are very similar. (both hit 215 on 27th --but then pushed thro to a higher end of month total). Not sure how accurate the current list is - Tundra Swan is missing even though it is highlighted in his blog for instance.

Quality wise - arguable that 2019 is slightly better!?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back