• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cleaning Feeders (1 Viewer)

Suzie

Hello All,
I recently purchased a couple of the new ring-perch feeders from
CJ Birdfoods. I was delighted with them until today when I decided to clean them.... I nearly committed suicide trying to screw everything back together.
It took me three quarters of an hour to screw in two of the perches..
Please tell me if there is an easy way of doing this.
Suzie

Suzie said:
Hello All,
CJ Birdfoods. I was delighted with them until today when I decided to clean them.... I nearly committed suicide trying to screw everything back together.
Suzie

Don't they come with any instructions?

Suzie said:
Hello All,
Suzie
Hi Suzie, 1 large bucket- 1 very long bristle brush, soak feeders for 10mins good
brush, rinse let dry. I must admit i had the same prob, and i thought never again!!!! it works for me and they are clean, it must be better for the birds to feed on these feeders, they seem to empty much quicker! good luck.
bert.

bert said:
Hi Suzie, 1 large bucket- 1 very long bristle brush, soak feeders for 10mins good
brush, rinse let dry. I must admit i had the same prob, and i thought never again!!!! it works for me and they are clean, it must be better for the birds to feed on these feeders, they seem to empty much quicker! good luck.
bert.
Hi Bert
I shall purchase a large bucket forthwith. With your method I may live a little longer......
Suzie

Droll Yankee feeders never fail & easy to clean. (Next time) they are worth the money, in terms of design safety and cleaning ease.

Long brushes are great helpers.

Try 5 gal buckets (from foodservice or paint)

I bought a brush at a local RSPB meeting a long time ago, but I think most of the usual bird stuff suppliers have them, as do shops in WWT and RSPB reserves.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back