• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New: Swaro. CL Companion Polaris (1 Viewer)

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
Swarovski has now introduced a new blue colored binocular, the
Polaris model. They have now decided to follow the competition,
as Leica and Zeiss, who offer different color options.

Only 1,000 units will be available.
The product introduction mentions they are useful at either the North or South Pole, not sure about in between. ;)
And they come with an orange flotation strap, oh my.

Jerry

Attachments

• K15_CL_Companion_Polaris_stehend-1-279x300.jpg
    K15_CL_Companion_Polaris_stehend-1-279x300.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 125
I saw this advert, and I confess I quite like the style. REALLY like it in fact! But not to the extent that I'd pay the huge additional price.

I had occasion to call SONA about something and I inquired about when this model would be available in the USA. I was told that it was still in Austria. Ordering it off the website would go through Austria not SONA.

Meanwhile I note that one is already on sale on the big E out of Austria and 2 more are available. These are in the USA and the prices asked for them are the same as if you ordered them through the website.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Swar...-Binoculars-/361403521032?hash=item5425541808

I wonder if we can get the 8x56 SLC and 10x56 SLC in North America that way? Does anyone want to call Absam and find out?

Bob

Last edited:
I had occasion to call SONA about something and I inquired about when this model would be available in the USA. I was told that it was still in Austria. Ordering it off the website would go through Austria not SONA.

Meanwhile I note that one is already on sale on the big E out of Austria and 2 more are available. These are in the USA and the prices asked for them are the same as if you ordered them through the website.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Swar...-Binoculars-/361403521032?hash=item5425541808

I wonder if we can get the 8x56 SLC and 10x56 SLC in North America that way? Does anyone want to call Absam and find out?

Bob

It just occurred to me. Would the above noted Polaris binoculars be considered "Gray Market" binoculars?

Bob

Swarovski has now introduced a new blue colored binocular, the
Polaris model. They have now decided to follow the competition,
as Leica and Zeiss, who offer different color options.

Only 1,000 units will be available.
The product introduction mentions they are useful at either the North or South Pole, not sure about in between. ;)
And they come with an orange flotation strap, oh my.

Jerry

Thank you, my good man, for the heads up. I will have my personal assistant order one today. Mrs. Howell finds the Leica 8x42 Silverline a bit too cumbersome for her dainty hands. The diminutive CLs will make a fine replacement for the opera glasses Lovey has been using on our yachting trips in Honolulu.

Our yacht was damaged in a tropical storm, so we ordered a new yacht, a Hatteras 70. In the meantime, we've charted the SS Minow for a three-hour tour tomorrow, if the weather holds. Lord Beasley was supposed to join us, and we planned to look for Pussycat Swallowtail butterflies afterwards, but he had to cancel at the last moment so instead some other characters have joined the tour. I certainly hope they bathed.

Ta, ta,
Thurston Howell III

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Howell (the 3rd),

For some reason, I think you will need that flotation strap.

Take lots of alcohol. And bug repellent. An axe probably wouldn't hurt either.......

Dear Mr. Howell (the 3rd),

For some reason, I think you will need that flotation strap.

Take lots of alcohol. And bug repellent. An axe probably wouldn't hurt either.......

Quite right Texas Phil, and, to rub into those tender rolling-bowls, some of that cream called 'Reprobate', in the large family-size jar should be taken too.

Lee

U.S. dealers were not expecting this model in until mid-Nov. but the first 10x batch has arrived and is being shipped out this week.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back