• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Satellite-tagged Female Montagu's Harrier 'gone missing' in Norfolk (1 Viewer)

These birds are dieing for man to make a profit and while these Individuals exist these birds will always suffer its as simple as that if there are game birds there their well fare will come first birds of prey are just vermin to these people its sad but true luckily most of our birds of prey escape them thank god.

Although being illegally killed is by far the most likely explanation for the disappearance of this bird, I think we need to be careful not to state this as fact. When a tagged Hen Harrier thought to have been killed reappeared, the shooting lobby made a great deal of it, tried to discredit all involved and undermine what the use of tags was making plain. There's a propaganda war going on so we must all be careful not to gift an opportunity to the other side.

These birds are dieing for man to make a profit and while these Individuals exist these birds will always suffer its as simple as that if there are game birds there their well fare will come first birds of prey are just vermin to these people its sad but true luckily most of our birds of prey escape them thank god.

[The full stop is on the bottom row of the keyboard, near to the right-hand side!! ;].............. |:d||:d|

Although being illegally killed is by far the most likely explanation for the disappearance of this bird, I think we need to be careful not to state this as fact. When a tagged Hen Harrier thought to have been killed reappeared, the shooting lobby made a great deal of it, tried to discredit all involved and undermine what the use of tags was making plain. There's a propaganda war going on so we must all be careful not to gift an opportunity to the other side.

Agreed.

I agree lets hope it's a malfunctioning device and also Sandra let's be more tolerant regarding each other's use of punctuation such sarcasm can be hurtful so carry on Coaltit :t:
!?,./-@&$)("@ .

I agree lets hope it's a malfunctioning device and also Sandra let's be more tolerant regarding each other's use of punctuation such sarcasm can be hurtful so carry on Coaltit :t:
!?,./-@&$)("@ .

I feel myself torn over coaltit's English usage. It irritates me considerably that his spelling is erratic, his use of capitals more so, and his use of normal punctuation almost non-existent.

Also, he does not enjoy the protection of English being his second language, a definite reason for tolerance of error.

Finally the world will be a much, much poorer place if we are not allowed, for spurious reasons of political correctness, to extract the Michael from others.

However.... I am aware of at least one contributor on another forum (and a very much rougher forum than BF at its worst!) who is habitually cut slack for blindness to English convention very similar to that of coaltit, because he has an issue that prevents him from doing better. I admit I only found this out because someone did roast him and was admonished for it (more mildly than one would normally expect on there).

So it may be the case that actually coaltit can't do much better: and his contributions while ungrammatical are generally passionately in favour of birds and other wildlife. It would actually be nice to know, so that we can extend suitable sympathy and future tolerance, but of course there is no onus upon coaltit to say anything whatever on the subject.

I fully expect everyone else's occasional mistakes, including mine, to continue to receive a massive ribbing in that convivial fashion to which I have become accustomed. :t:

John

Last edited:
!?,./-@&$)("@ .

I'm not apologising, as this wasn't written in a sarcastic manner - hence the smiley faces!

I will continue to enjoy Coaltit's contributions :t:

.... and thanks John..............

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back