• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Three days next week (1 Viewer)

Mono

Hi!
Staff member
Supporter
Europe
I will be down in North Norfolk for three days next week, staying in Cley.

Aside from the reserves any particular current birding places of interest that one should visit.

Thanks

Weybourne and Salthouse have been pretty productive but anywhere is likely to produce a good or two. Enjoy your visit.

I would recommend Kelling Heath to connect with many rare heathland birds (I find the paths alongside the railway most productive) as well as all the obvious 'big' reserves. Enjoy your stay.

Just a thought, are there any particular species you want to see?

Nightjar would be great, plus any of the odd occasional breeders, spoonbill, purple heron etc. Although I appreciate that a public forum is not the place for such discussions, I was wondering if any of the sites had been publicly disclosed.

No secret sites needed (info available online already on the following sites and birds), the part of Kelling Heath directly adjacent to the steam railway line is good for Nightjar (at least 8 churring the other night) and other good heathland species and Spoonbill at Holkham (Great White Egret there too). For viewing the birds at Holkham, I am not exactly sure on the best location though, although I have seen GWE and Spoonbill from the Joe Jordan Hide. Sadly, I don't think there are any Purple Herons in the county at the moment though.

Hope this helps,
Louis

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.

Had a very pleasant few days, didn't manage to hook up with the Purple Heron at Titchwell but met some very nice folk at Kelling that pointed us to great views of Nightjar. 89 species in total.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back