• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mourning Doves (1 Viewer)

berasmommy

So I have two hanging baskets on my front porch and recently I noticed mourning doves trying to nest in them again! (We affectionately refer to them at Lucy and Dezi) However I haven't had hanging baskets for the past few years before because the nesting kills the plants, so I assumed after a few years they would forget about this spot and not be back. Boy was I was wrong. I don't want them nesting in my plants and have been removing the beginning of the nest to deter them, that is NOT working. So I have another sport on my porch that I could hang an empty basket that I would be happy to let them nest in. Since it's about 15+ feet away from the basket they seem determined to nest in do you think they will nest in it or keep trying for my flowering baskets. Should I place the empty basket in the same spot as the one they are nesting in or do you think they will look at this new one and nest there?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back