• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID Algarve (1 Viewer)

Yes, maybe a bit brash of me Valéry and that's one thing we have in common ;) I was, just in case, just protecting the Portuguese from being "lumped" with the Spanish - it does happen.

Three-toed Sandpiper is a name to remember :t:

I support you this way, Simon. I love beautiful languages, hate sms writings, simplified English, heavy use of acronyms as well as Portuñol (Portunhol?)... ;)

To be honest, Portuguese is beautiful and I love speaking it, although, having been living in Colombia and the Canaries in 2016 and 2017 my Spanish is now much better.

What do we have in common exactly? Being harsh and not really diplomatic (or hypocritical, sometimes meaning the same to me) or speaking English, Portuguese and Spanish? :king::king:B :)

hate sms writings, simplified English, heavy use of acronyms as well as Portuñol (Portunhol?)... ;)

To be honest, Portuguese is beautiful and I love speaking it, although, having been living in Colombia and the Canaries in 2016 and 2017 my Spanish is now much better.

What do we have in common exactly? Being harsh and not really diplomatic (or hypocritical, sometimes meaning the same to me) or speaking English, Portuguese and Spanish? :king::king:B :)

I had meant that we have the 3 languages in common - but that I didn't mean to be brash. The doubt was my fault, awful hurried grammar.

Yes, Portunhol is spoken a bit here, mainly by visiting tourists, with the courage at least to try to speak a little Portuguese - many don't try, they look terrified but I think its just plain and lazy ignorance. Visiting Spanish (large numbers!) also struggle with Portuguese, whereas the Portuguese are fine with Spanish and workers in bars/shops often speak Spanish with the Spanish - very rarely the other way around!

Anyway....off topic here!

I must say that once again, I have enjoyed seeing some breeding plumaged Sanderlings recently - wow, they go far north! They always get the unaware, looking like a rare peep or something and there have been a number of ID requests again. (well I had to say something about Sanderlings ;) )

Anyway .... thanks all for the identification!

With pleasure... obrigado... con much gusto... avec plaisir 8-P

"I had meant that we have the 3 languages in common - but that I didn't mean to be brash. The doubt was my fault, awful hurried grammar."

No worry, I didn't take it wrong at all, this is my type of humour... and, myself, I can be harsh anyway 8-P

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back