• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Optics (now resolved) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnick6

Guys, I've just had a less-than-stellar experience with Eagle Optics in the USA. It seems that their only customer service email is "[email protected]" -- does anyone have another email alias -- that might make it to someone in management?

Feel free to contact me via PM.

PS. I could call them but it would just be easier to send a letter as there's too much info to digest over the phone.

Thanks
-Nick

Guys, I've just had a less-than-stellar experience with Eagle Optics in the USA. It seems that their only customer service email is "[email protected]" -- does anyone have another email alias -- that might make it to someone in management?

PS. I could call them but it would just be easier to send a letter as there's too much info to digest over the phone.

Thanks
-Nick

I would say use the phone to get an email address from someone in customer service if the list is that long. Though email is a really crappy way to discuss problems some folks seem more comfortable in the anonymity that emails bring. It allows the person with the problem and the person responding to it to disconnect from the human element.

I would say use the phone to get an email address from someone in customer service if the list is that long. Though email is a really crappy way to discuss problems some folks seem more comfortable in the anonymity that emails bring. It allows the person with the problem and the person responding to it to disconnect from the human element.

Yes normally I would agree with you. To be honest, I prefer email because my emotions easily get involved. I'm a forgiving person but incompetence really irritates me. Mistakes do happen... but something like this should *never* happen -- especially with their business reputation.

I had to wait several hours just to compose the email. :smoke:

I plan to follow-up via a phone call if I haven't received a response in a few days. (The time will help me to decompress a bit.) B :)

PS. I won't leave everyone in suspense too long -- about what happened -- but I'll give them time to figure things out.

Thanks
-Nick

Ben Lizdas from EO posts on here now and then, you could try reaching him via PM or email if he accepts email queries.

Or you could call EO and ask for his direct email if the issue is to complicated to explain on the phone and you don't have unlimited calling minutes.

Brock

Ben Lizdas from EO posts on here now and then, you could try reaching him via PM or email if he accepts email queries.

Thanks Brock. Yeah I fired off the email and we'll see what happens. I think I can guess what happened but will confirm with them first. It's hard not to but I'll try not to speculate until they contact me.

Thanks Brock. Yeah I fired off the email and we'll see what happens. I think I can guess what happened but will confirm with them first. It's hard not to but I'll try not to speculate until they contact me.

If you don't get an email back within a week then call the CS line and ask them to look into why a response is taking so long.

FWIW my experiences with EO have been excellent. One involved a return that was handled perfectly by the CS department. Another involved someone from sales pre-selecting a bin to be sure alignment was on.

Last edited:
I've never heard anything but good about them. The trouble with emails is sometimes servers will block it out if it has ever been spoofed. After a dozen times over the last dozen years of emails ending up in a spam filter that only gives notice days later, I tell customers, if you shoot me an email and dont hear from me in 24 hours call me. It likely means it didnt get to me. In my dealings, I assume that people are dealing straight with me until I get proof they are not. Then get irrate. Put yourself in their shoes before you get emotional. Take my advice with a grain of salt, but it is 38 years of customer service experience talking.

Trust me, life was much better before emails came along, just like forums, people say stuff on emails they would never ever dream of saying to your face.

Can you lets us know what is the issue. Hope it is not confidential.

FWIW my experiences with EO have been excellent. Another involved someone from sales pre-selecting a bin to be sure alignment was on.

Give me a few days guys and I'll fill you in on the details. No, it's nothing confidential but I'll give EO the benefit and allow them to address my concerns first.

After submitting my email last night, I couldn't help but feel horribly guilty. I didn't want to come across as some snobby, over-privileged white male with deep pockets. (I have shallow pockets!) ;)

Anyway, I'm sure it'll get worked out.

Problem Resolved

So, I received an email reply from Ben @ Eagle Optics first thing on Monday morning. He was quite professional and responded to my questions and concerns about my purchase experience.

It looks like the item I received was likely a returned unit that failed to be inspected upon being received by their returns department.

Ben apologized for this and offered a few possible remedies and even asked for my suggestion as to what they could do to make it right.

For me, it was an easy choice. I just wanted a "new" unit that I paid for -- so Ben will ship me out a factory-fresh unit later this week plus a return label for the original unit.

As I said before, I didn't want to sound like snob but when you pay good money for something, you certainly expect to receive a new, unused product.

Ben has restored by faith in Eagle Optics.

From the length and tone of his email, I think it's safe to say he was quite embarrassed about my experience. Obviously, this should never happen to any customer -- period.

I have a feeling that they'll make the appropriate changes to make sure this problem doesn't happen again.

PS. Ben did mention that they do not inspect any binocular prior to shipping unless the customer requests it.

Special thanks to the members that PM'd me Ben's contact information!

Cheers!

Last edited:
IMO- Eagle optics is really great with both their knowledge and CS; they have always been good to me.

I figured that this would all work itself out in the end. Anyone can make a mistake- it happens with even the best places.

Probably should have had this conversation with them before you even started this post, would be my unsolicited advice.

Probably should have had this conversation with them before you even started this post, would be my unsolicited advice.

That make two of us. If you can't even say what the problem even was, they should have had the chance before you fired off any of this. Glad it worked out however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back