• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weeting Heath (1 Viewer)

Reader

For the few that don't know of this reserve. This reserve is famous for its visiting Stone Curlew as well as being a fairly reliable site for Woodlark.

Weeting Heath is situated on a road that goes from Weeting (just a couple of miles NW of Brandon) to a village named Hockwood cum Wilton. It is halfway along this road and is signposted by the side of the reserve, which will be on your left as you come from Weeting. It belongs to Norfolk Wildlife Trust and there is a charge (I think of two pounds - but i'm not sure) to use the hides.

John,
As you know there is a little information centre there. Would that be a good place to leave some BF leaflets as quite a number of birders do the annual trip to that reserve for the Stone Curlews if nothing else?

Colin

Colin

I have already done that and the Warden is pinning one up on his notice board when the reserve officially opens in a couple of weeks time. I handed out about 20 odd leaflets yesterday, at various places and over 30 the day before so I am having a go.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back