• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need your help (1 Viewer)

STGS

I have a pair of SLC 10x42 I just bought. The eye cups don't twist out far enough for me personally. I decided I wanted to replace the eyecups with ones that twisted out further. Swaro says there are no other ones that will fit. They don't seem interested in helping.
I have a pair of 8x32 el field pro and those eyecups screw on and work great except for the fact the inner ring doesn't cover the edge of the lenses. Does anybody know of of another swaro model that will screw on with added length and cover the edge of lense? I know some of you have many pairs that you might be able to check for me. I was thinking the el range looks like it has the larger inner ring but not sure they will screw on and how far they twist out. Thank you

I'm not equipped to answer your question (though some here surely are) but want to say that this issue is very serious, and as nice as that SLC is, you must return or exchange it while possible if you don't find a solution quickly. This is something very basic that really has to work well for you. I've had this problem also (not with Swaros, but some other models that have 16+ mm eye relief) and simply couldn't consider them for that reason.

I'm not sure that I'm reading this right but surely, if you don't have enough eye-relief with the SLC to use it comfortably, this isn't Swarovski's fault so why accuse them of being uninterested in your problem? It's the buyers responsibility to try before buying and, if not suitable, go for a make & model that is; it's what everyone else does. Try getting a refund from the dealer and starting again.

RB

I have a pair of SLC 10x42 I just bought. The eye cups don't twist out far enough for me personally. I decided I wanted to replace the eyecups with ones that twisted out further. Swaro says there are no other ones that will fit. They don't seem interested in helping.
I have a pair of 8x32 el field pro and those eyecups screw on and work great except for the fact the inner ring doesn't cover the edge of the lenses. Does anybody know of of another swaro model that will screw on with added length and cover the edge of lense? I know some of you have many pairs that you might be able to check for me. I was thinking the el range looks like it has the larger inner ring but not sure they will screw on and how far they twist out. Thank you
Take my advice and don't worry about the eye cups being too short. Many binoculars especially compactrs are like that. Just cup your hands around the eye cups and rest your hands against your fore head and then adjust for eye relief. it also creates a sun shade and you get less glare.

I have encountered this problem on a couple of different 8x32's. Get a set of the winged eyecups from Swaro, which can be found on ebay, and put them on and try it. It has has worked very well for me, especially on a meopta 8x32.

You can also remove the eyecups, put a couple of rubber gaskets underneath there then screw back in the eyecups. Instant eye relief extension that works.

I have encountered this problem on a couple of different 8x32's. Get a set of the winged eyecups from Swaro, which can be found on ebay, and put them on and try it. It has has worked very well for me, especially on a meopta 8x32.

You can also remove the eyecups, put a couple of rubber gaskets underneath there then screw back in the eyecups. Instant eye relief extension that works.

I wonder if the older winged eyecups that actually screwed on in place of factory eyecups will work on a newer pair of SLC's??

Agree; once you have the IPD 'tweaked' with them fitted, the winged eyecups are very effective and could indeed help you with your problem.

RB

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back