• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

"I wish I hadn't sold my ..." ??? (1 Viewer)

... Austin Maxi 1750

(Although it was more a case of it being scrapped than sold ... )

Oops, did someone say this forum was about optics?

I wish I hadn't sold my yard long leather bound brass 3" OG draw tube (Dollond? Barr & Stroud?) telescope. It was a real monster which, in classic style, you balanced on your knee to scope the scene in a semi-prone position. I should have got it cleaned and kept the thing. It did get me the Steller's Eider on the Hebridies so I should have showed more gratitude!

Nikon 8x30 E11 are the only pair I regret selling.

Ger.

Curiously, Ger, I've sold three (I know, I know) of those. I obviously regretted selling the first and second, but by the third try, I realised I didn't actually use them in the field. A wonderful bino to behold, hold and look through, but I think they've been surpassed optically (IMHO only!), and now that binos can be had waterproof, other models are more appropriate to our climes.

Curiously, Ger, I've sold three (I know, I know) of those. I obviously regretted selling the first and second, but by the third try, I realised I didn't actually use them in the field. A wonderful bino to behold, hold and look through, but I think they've been surpassed optically (IMHO only!), and now that binos can be had waterproof, other models are more appropriate to our climes.

Yep, the reason I sold them was the lack of waterproofing. I think I only used them once in the field although I did get to see the Cettis and northern harrier that day.;)
Ger.

Exactly. The SV's and EDG's are a little better optically and waterproof and more convenient.

Had both the Zeiss 15x60 B GAT T* and GAT T* and sold the B GAT T* . I don't wear glasses and the GAT has just a little bit more fov so I kept it and sold the B GAT. It is actually the only binocular I ever sold but of course I regretted it; however, I "learned my lesson" and haven't sold one since.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back