• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Welbeck Raptor Viewpoint - Second Visit (1 Viewer)

Alexjh1

Decided to give Welbeck another go for raptors, and while again nothing came close enough to ID beyond Red Kite or Common Buzzard, a few very distant but potentially interesting raptors did appear.

I do appreciate that these are very shabby photos, and may not all be identifiable. But thanks in advance for any help!

1) Common Buzzard? but wanted to double check due to the visible dark wrists.
2) Common buzzard? but the left bird just looked to have v. long wings?
3) A distinctive notch winged individual w. a large tail?
4) V. bad photo, but huge tail on this one? Red Kite?
5) This is a single photo with the middle space cut out to save space - upper bird is the same individual as #4, lower I get a potential HB vibe from, but could well be just CB?

Thanks again!

Attachments

• HB1.jpg
    HB1.jpg
    448.9 KB · Views: 64
  • WB2.jpg
    WB2.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 56
  • WB3.jpg
    WB3.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 77
  • WB4.jpg
    WB4.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 68
  • WB5.jpg
    WB5.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 81
Looking at images 1,2,3 and 6 Alex...I’m seeing Common Buzzard, images 4-5 “look” perhaps more interesting but I think they’re just a bit too far to assess for me, remember that’s coming from someone who is no stranger to putting up less than perfect dots in the sky. :t:

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back