• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conservation in the Trumpocene (1 Viewer)

Thanks for both articles Fugl. They give me a little more hope than I had just a couple of days ago.

I read about Obama blocking the Arctic/Atantic for drilling yesterday and that was good news. The article you provided gives some additional detail about just how difficult it may be for Trump to overturn.
That's good to hear and let's hope for the best.

But, there's still a lot to be concerned about ahead of course. There's the Virginia Appalachian Trail area where they want to add natural gas pipelines. This will destroy that area if they get the go ahead to build. Then there is the Dakota pipeline, Keystone...and on and on. It's all a bit overwhelming to think about. One day at a time I guess. I hope we have an environmental movement which becomes stronger than ever to try and challenge this madness.

Thanks for both articles Fugl. They give me a little more hope than I had just a couple of days ago.

I read about Obama blocking the Arctic/Atantic for drilling yesterday and that was good news. The article you provided gives some additional detail about just how difficult it may be for Trump to overturn.
That's good to hear and let's hope for the best.

But, there's still a lot to be concerned about ahead of course. There's the Virginia Appalachian Trail area where they want to add natural gas pipelines. This will destroy that area if they get the go ahead to build. Then there is the Dakota pipeline, Keystone...and on and on. It's all a bit overwhelming to think about. One day at a time I guess. I hope we have an environmental movement which becomes stronger than ever to try and challenge this madness.

Good lord.
First of all, nothing is 'irreversible.'' keep telling yourselves that if it gives you hope.
Obama's desperate acts whether it's this 1953 derived 'ban' or the recent cheap shot against Israel at the U.N. can and will all be mitigated.
The Arctic/Atlantic areas in question aren't relevant right now; there are bigger fish to fry.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidbl...as-disturbing-offshore-decision/#63047b931f69

Watching Obama grasp at anything for a legacy is painful. He'll start that long trek to irrelevance soon enough. Such a shame our first black President had to be this narcissist so ill-equipped for real leadership.

Good riddance.

Good lord.
First of all, nothing is 'irreversible.'' ....

Whether nothing is "irreversible." I don't know - it depends on what "irreversible." with a fullstop means. But many things are irreversible - extinction is irreversible, and so is ageing. And so is CO₂ in the air.

Whether nothing is "irreversible." I don't know - it depends on what "irreversible." with a fullstop means. But many things are irreversible - extinction is irreversible, and so is ageing. And so is CO₂ in the air.

Most certainly, but against stupidity the gods struggle in vain. . ..

Stating the obvious. Although the CO₂ comment is debatable.

My 'irreversible' posting was in reference to executive actions....

Stating the obvious. Although the CO₂ comment is debatable.

My 'irreversible' posting was in reference to executive actions....

Irresponsible executive actions can all too easily result in irreversible consequences like extinctions, or major climate change and sea level rise ;)

Last edited:
"Weakling" ...positively ironic considering the contrast with "O" the genuflector-in-chief....the guy who started it all with his 2008 international apology tour, bowing to leaders and dictators bemoaning America's past.
DJT is doing more in his pre-inaugural days than O did in years in office. And Americans are noticing.

The international community expected great things from O, what they got was Syrian 'red-line' appeasement and weakness. He's an international joke. On Nov. 8th he got shown the middle finger like all the other globalists, Merkel, Hollande, et al. will soon enough.

Mocking Trump is rich.

yeah it's kind of the difficult thing to do...Trump during his campaign basically said whatever he thought his audience wanted to hear, regardless of any thought of how to do it. And he has, even before getting into office, been rolling back all of those pie in the sky promises (prosecuting Hillary, building a wall, draining the swamp).

In the case of Coal...environmental regulations didn't kill the coal industry. It was instead out competed by other energy sources like natural gas. But obviously voters in West Virginia and neighboring states would rather believe that enviro regulations killed the industry, because then a president can just get rid of those and get the jobs back.

Trump will probably roll some of those regulations back...but it probably won't help any of those folks who already lost their jobs. Renewal energy is still the future.

...the guy who started it all with his 2008 international apology tour, bowing to leaders and dictators bemoaning America's past.
Oh, my, god. You actually believe that sh!t. Never happened, he did not "apologise" for America. Mitt Romney just made that up, and you're swallowing it whole. (I thought Replubicans were all against Romney these days, what happened?)

Look at the President's actual words, not the reportage.

Oh, my, god. You actually believe that sh!t. Never happened, he did not "apologise" for America. Mitt Romney just made that up, and you're swallowing it whole. (I thought Replubicans were all against Romney these days, what happened?)

Look at the President's actual words, not the reportage.

You're wasting your breath. "Reportage" is the whole of it for Litebeam, all he knows and understands: the Daily Stormer and far-right bloggers vs. the "lamestream media". With regard to Obama specifically, his hatred of the man is clearly based more on the "melanin" (his word!) in his skin than on his words or policies.

You're wasting your breath. "Reportage" is the whole of it for Litebeam, all he knows and understands: the Daily Stormer and far-right bloggers vs. the "lamestream media". With regard to Obama specifically, his hatred of the man is clearly based more on the "melanin" (his word!) in his skin than on his words or policies.

Ahhh....sheeple. :king:

Wow, I'm a Republican!...who knew. And I voted for Romney, Interesting, news to me.
Cue the God references and "the earth is 5000 years old" rhetoric in 3, 2, 1...

The only admirable thing about 'O' was his blackness.
Obama apologized for America ad nauseum when he first entered office.

Last edited:
Says, "the Atlantic", NYT and Huff Po homie.... :king:

Obama was an extremely good president; he could have done a huge lot more good if he hadn't been frustrated at every turn by a hostile reactionary extreme right-wing congress/senate

By European standards, Obama counts as a moderate centre-right politician. And Bernie Sanders as a moderate centre-left. Nothing discreditable about either of them, except for the NDAP fiasco for Obama.

Says, "the Atlantic", NYT and Huff Po homie.... :king:

My, my, two asinine replies to one short post! You're obviously way out of your intellectual depth here, and IMO (nay, IMHO) your time would be much better spent re-loading cartridges, and seeing to the fortications of your cabin against the coming Muslim apocalypse, than making a fool of yourself here. They will find you, you know, you can't hide from them forever!

"The idiocy of rural life", Marx never coined a better phrase. . ..

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back