• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8x20 Trinovids - Water resistant? (1 Viewer)

I do not think I ever accused anyone of printing false information.

I seem to recall saying that it was probably an error which crept into the system when the brochure was either being printed or translated.

As you have pointed out there are two different fields of view shown......so what is this - deliberate false information or an error.

I have pointed mis-prints out in the past but I do not think it would be cost effective to discard thousands of brochures and start a new print run every time an error is found.

To be perfectly honest I simply tried to help someone on the forum by answering his question but this whole thread has now become so very petty and nasty that I will seriously think twice before trying to help someone again. I can do without snide remarks and having everything I say twisted about.

I do not think I ever accused anyone of printing false information.

I seem to recall saying that it was probably an error which crept into the system when the brochure was either being printed or translated.

Leica needs new brochures.

Agree?

If there is a mistake in the brochures, surely correcting the downloadable pdf version is cheap and easy and should be done asap. As a printer I know that amending the printed version would be an expensive and time consuming task.

Ron

Last edited:
:eek!::eek!::eek!:

- there was factual question to begin with. right?

- there is printed information by the company; see #19.

- there are contributors who have technical knowledge which contradicts the printed material. right ?

- there's a conflict. right?

- only one party can be right. right?

- printed material and technical fact should be in agreement. right?

- that's it. right?

- it's up to the manufacturer to do his homework. right?

Just remember, all these point can be made without resorting to personal attacks and downright nastiness. Right?
Healthy discussion and points being made is one thing... what has occurred on this thread has gone well beyond what most people regard as healthy discussion.

Just remember, all these point can be made without resorting to personal attacks and downright nastiness. Right?

Yes.

I plead guilty of having repeated what I found in print in the material I have on my desk.
I have not seen a Trinovid from inside!

I have not attacked anyone personally, though.
Nastiness is a subjective category for which 10 people may have 10 definitions and an equal number of thresholds.

A little less repetition and a little more believing the guy who has seen the Trinovid from inside would have objectively reduced the nastiness of that discussion.

Now, why not take that bin, waterproof or not, and go a birding a little?

my 8x20 trinovids have fogged up twice in the past, and twice recovered. once it took 3 days. they still work fine and perform like a leica should, and there is no dust inside. I have owned this pair since 1999. hope this helps.

To GaryMH, I, for one, appreciate your posts and further appreciate the info I have read on many topics so please continue posting!
To Andy Bright, Thank you for attempting to bring some needed civility to this particular question and postings. This is the first time I have been made uncomfortable by the unpleasantness on this forum. The humour that often occurs on this website is very refreshing.
To Thola, I have enjoyed many of your postings on prevous matters, so please return to your previous style of posting. This website is very informative, interesting and, at times very funny and there is no need, or room, for nastiness.
Thank you, John

I am very disappointed...........why have Leica not told their binocular technicians that we are supposed to fill Trinovid compact binoculars with nitrogen when we build or repair them. We manage to do it to all the other binoculars without any problems !!!!!!!!!

I will insist on being shown how we are supposed to do it when I get back to work tomorrow.

You have answered my question several times now, thanks for the information :)
I don´t care if some brochure got some fact right or wrong, just wanted this piece of information
And yes, this is probably the first time i´ve seen a thread going out of hand like this on birdforum. Topic closed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back