• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

8+12 Duovids on Astromart (1 Viewer)

edwincjones

for anyone interested,
there is a pair of duobids
on Astromart for $1075 now

I have no connection to seller,
just noted the good price

I considered buying to
compliment my 10+15s
but too much of a duplication

someone please buy before I give in

edj

I continue to be happy with the 10+15

edj

* $995 this morning-a very good price, assuming quality as stated

Last edited:
These are being sold by a hunter, and have some nicks to the objective.
They are being listed on several hunting websites, no takers so far.
For the money, I would not place it on this older Leica.
But, they may make someone a nice dual power binocular.

Jerry

I just came back from the Bosque del Apache with the 10+15s-they were great, used the 15x most; but the best sight was thousands of sandhill cranes flying over the campground naked eye

edj

edj,
That is one of our favorite places, my wife and I go there year round. Outside of sandhill season, we often have the whole place to ourselves.

But when you get into the middle of a huge bunch of cranes flying low all around, the experience is hard to describe. It is very moving, and one feels the power of nature somehow.

There are some long views down there, and I often take my 12x50 Trinovid. Of course it's just stuck on 12 forever, no "fun" there!
Ron

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back