• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Carry-on for Scope, Camera, Laptop, etc (1 Viewer)

Ben88

Could someone recommend an inexpensive bag that I can carry-on to an airplane, and will fit my laptop (13.6"), spotting scope (Vortex Razor HD, 85 mm angled), and dslr camera with 300f4 lens? None of my backpacks are big enough.

I carry a very similar setup of laptop, same scope (which I love), my dslr, and a 100-400 which I assume is a little smaller than your 300, in an older Cabela's backpack. It's tight, but it works. I just got online to their website and it appears they no longer make it! What a shame, as it has served me well through 10 seasons of guiding in Alaska and multiple trips to South and Central America, and it even had a built-in rain cover. Do you have access to a Cabela's or an REI where you can go in and try them out?

My pack has a light external frame, but still easily travels as a carry-on. Good luck.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back