• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Ringing (1 Viewer)

tchagra

Hi There

At the same site in S.W.Spain,have paid three visits so far and plenty of migrants ringed as well as the local birds including:

1 BARN OWL
8 GARDEN WARBLERS
40 REED WARBLERS
22 BARN SWALLOWS
1 COMMON SANDPIPER
25 CORN BUNTINGS
3 SARDINIAN WARBLERS
8 WILLOW WARBLERS
3 FAN TAILED WARBLERS
1 RED RUMPED SWALLOW
4 YELLOW WAGTAILS
8 STONECHATS
3 GOLDFINCH
1 TAWNY PIPIT
1 WOODCHAT SHRIKE
1 HOUSE SPARROW
1 GREAT REED WARBLER
2 CETTIS WARBLER
1 WHINCHAT
1 SEDGE WARBLER

Have also controlled 2 Reed Warblers,1 from Belgium and another from Italy!!

Cheers for now

Richard

migration

Hi There Pajerero

Autumn is best,but down here it starts in June and goes through into November.

If you want to see some really interesting moult you need to be ringing in the hottest period,june-sept,( I love the heat,guess thats why I am partly here anyway!! ),after that still lots of passage birds,and then big finch movements oct and nov and the "winter " birds start to arrive in big numbers,meadow pipits and black redstarts,robins and song thrushes etc.etc

cheers for now

richard

p.s.Always looking for " ringing assistants";) ;) I am trying to get a weekly ringing programme started down here from next Feb,will send you the details soon

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back