• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdbox suggestions for southern california (1 Viewer)

Debsyard

I've been having the greatest time feeding now for almost 2 years in my backyard.

My daily visitors are American Goldfinch, House Finch, California Towhee, Mourning Dove, Band Tailed Pigeon, Hooded Oriole, Hummingbirds. Infrequent/occasional visitors include Black Headed Grosbeak, Lazuli Bunting, Rufous Sided (Spotted) Towhee, Yellow Rumped (Audobon’s) Warbler, White Crowned Sparrow, Brown Headed Cowbird, Mockingbird, Plain (Oak) Titmouse,
Bushtit, Black Phoebe, Scrub Jay, Western Tanager.

I feed Nyjer/Thistle, Mix with cracked corn, Black Oil Sunflower, Suet, Water/Sugar solution, occasional fruit.

I would like to take the next step and offer birdbox/nesting box in my yard. I have a pine tree, juniper tree, someother unknown small tree, ash tree and a dilapadated wood deck for birds only now (to unsafe for human use - might fall thru!)

Any suggestions on what to offer and what might use them? I have many babies with parents that feed daily.

Thanks so much,
Deb

Nestboxes... build them yourself.. it's easy!

Hi Deb!

I live in Northern California and am blessed with many of the same bird species you have down there (where I grew up).

I have been building bird houses for over 25 years. I have just written a book on birdhouses, feeders, placing nestboxes, predator guards, etc. It is an ebook that is an easy download. I would be happy to send you a copy at no cost if you would send me back a review of the book.

[email protected]

Hi Larry, sorry it took me so long to get back! I would love to read and review your ebook. I am excited about following some trusted and proven advice to prepare for next spring. I will send a private message with email.

Thanks again, Deb

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back