• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Antpittas (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
This has just popped up on one of my sites, anyone know anything, is it expected to be any good?

Antpittas

Harold Greeney & David Beadle

Available from early July 2018. In preparation.

A

Hi

I can Andy did you want to know anything in particular?

Is there an overview or sample plates that you can paste here?

It seems like a very big and desirable title to just have appeared with no one being aware of it's existence, I wasn't anyway?

Thanks, A

I know I'm being chased for a Black-crowned Pittasoma image, so I'm sure there is a book on its way but not sure of exactly when.

cheers, alan

Hi Andy,

It says it will be part of the Christopher Helm series which will eventually cover the whole world. There is a start date of 2013 but no completion date.
It does say though he is working on the Pearson Field Guide to the Moths of Northeastern North America (Beadle and Leckie), published by Houghton Mifflin which might be of interest.

J

It says it will be part of the Christopher Helm series which will eventually cover the whole world. There is a start date of 2013 but no completion date.
It does say though he is working on the Pearson Field Guide to the Moths of Northeastern North America (Beadle and Leckie), published by Houghton Mifflin which might be of interest.

Peterson not Pearson. He also says:

I am presently working on several original plates for two major field guides, the Birds of Bolivia (Tobias) and Birds of Brazil (Zimmer & Whittaker).​

Despite my South American experience being in it's infancy and my Antpitta list being embryonic, I'm now looking forward to this greatly.

A

Antpitta book currently listed in new Bloomsbury catalogue under Helm inprint at £50, no date given

Crescent-faced Antpitta painting on cover.

cheers, alan

Antpitta book currently listed in new Bloomsbury catalogue under Helm inprint at £50, no date given

Crescent-faced Antpitta painting on cover.

cheers, alan

Cheers Alan,
not finding it on the website under title or authors?

A

Last edited:
This is a new Helm ID guide.

Plates by Dave Beadle, text by Harold Greeney. Photos as well, as is the norm in more recent titles in the series. Publishing next June.

The jacket is absolutely stunning. Unfortunately I can't post it here, and it won't appear on our website (or Amazon) until a few months before publication. But it's on my Twitter feed. See

https://twitter.com/chiffchat/status/897504188841709568

Cheers, Jim

This should be an another awesome book.

I really love the Helm series. The books on Robins and Chats, Cuckoos or Cotingas and Manakins are stunning.

I would love to see more, incl.

- more raptor guides (Bil Clark's Africa guide should be out soon)
- terns
- other antbirds
- flycatchers (both old and new world)
- shrikes

Hi

No, definitely a hardback! I will email NHBS. God knows where they got that from.

Just seen the complete set of plates from Dave Beadle. They are truly astounding.

Jim

This should be an another awesome book.

I really love the Helm series. The books on Robins and Chats, Cuckoos or Cotingas and Manakins are stunning.

I would love to see more, incl.

- more raptor guides (Bil Clark's Africa guide should be out soon)
- terns
- other antbirds
- flycatchers (both old and new world)
- shrikes

Yes Bill Clark's book is currently in production. Of the others you mention, shrikes (second edition) by Norbert Lefranc and Tim Worfolk is currently being written/painted.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back