• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tethered objective lens covers (1 Viewer)

djaburg

I recently purchased some tethered lens covers for my Monarch ATB 10x42 and 8x42 and received/installed them today. They fit nice and snug and were easy to install. They are $7 for a set. I got them from Eagle Optics .

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

I'm using a pair of Monarch ATBs for the first time this year and the issue of the lens caps being quite worthless was my only complaint. I've been looking for a solution such as this for a while, and this looks to be perfect. I've already ordered a set.

A lot of people have told me just to forget about the lens covers. That, you don't really need them. I still feel much better having them on. This was quite an investment, and I don't want to see them scratched.

I was motivated to track them down since most of my binocular use is in the field while hunting with a harness and they do tend to take a beating between the brush, dirt, and water, so anything I can do to protect them is well worth the effort. I don't spend all my time putting them on and off, but it's nice to have them tethered as opposed to having them in my pocket since I know they'll get knocked off (the old ones that is) while moving.

I'm glad you are able to use them, I know I was ecstatic when I found them.

I just received new Monarch 8x42s yesterday. They came with tethered objective caps. It looks like Nikon finally got the message.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back