• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon WX 10x50 IF (1 Viewer)

Against the Swarovski EL SV 10x50, I suppose? That would indeed be interesting. I have the Leica Ultravid 10x50, which is comparable.

BTW B&H is again listing the 10x50 WX as discontinued.

A comparison between the WX 10X50 and any other alpha 10X50-56 is like comparing apples and oranges, the only thing similar between them are the magnification, that's it. While I have viewed the WX 10X50 wide view under the night sky and appreciated it, it is still a 10X, not 15X or 20 X.
It is really a boutique design to commemorate an anniversary at Nikon. If some of the technology and glass design goes into a new portable glass design at a lower cost in the future, that is fine - but it is still a 10X for $6500.

Andy W.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back