• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Help, Ohio (1 Viewer)

BigGuy1

I woke up this morning in Central Ohio to this guy bashing himself against the window trying to get out, have no idea how he managed to get in the house. I got the windows open and he flew right out. I just don't know what kind of bird he is and am very curious!

Attachments

• IMG-20190618-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20190618-WA0010.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 64
I woke up this morning in Central Ohio to this guy bashing himself against the window trying to get out, have no idea how he managed to get in the house. I got the windows open and he flew right out. I just don't know what kind of bird he is and am very curious!

Looks like it might be a juvenile Great-tailed Grackle?

Cheers

Looks like it might be a juvenile Great-tailed Grackle?

Cheers

Judging from their range and color it isn't. It was grey all over with a sort of a spotted pattern on it's chest. Just judging from photos with my zero background knowledge of birds he may be a sort thrush? But it wasn't the right size or shape, just had that spotted chest.

Juvenile starling.

They're cavity nesters, amazingly good at squeezing under eaves, alongside electrical cables, etc. You may have a nest in your attic or garage.

Juvenile starling.

They're cavity nesters, amazingly good at squeezing under eaves, alongside electrical cables, etc. You may have a nest in your attic or garage.

He certainly does fit the bill based on the pictures, thank you! I assume it managed to squeeze in through some opening in the basement or in the HVAC system somewhere as we have a finished attic, no garage, and had all of the windows shut.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back