• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon LX or LXL or HG rainguard or eyecup diameter (1 Viewer)

Kevin Purcell

A simple question for anyone with a Nikon LX or LXL or HG (or whatever it was called in Europe!) rainguard or Nikon LX or LXL or HG eyecup

What is the maximum diameter of the ocular covering bit of the rainguard?

Or failing that what's the diameter of the eyecup?

I'm considering using a Nikon LX rainguard on another bin(s) but I want to check the size first.

Thanks.

The outer diameter of the eyecup on my 8x32 LX L is 40mm at the top and 41mm at the base. The inner diameter of the rainguard provided by Nikon is 48mm at the base, but narrowing to about 41mm at the top. The eyecup is 22mm high, and the rainguard is the same depth inside.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back