• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a Gull-billed Tern? (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Seen in Brisbane area in September.

Attachments

• S0980416 BF Tern for ID.jpg
    S0980416 BF Tern for ID.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 166
Ooooh!! Thanks Richard.

Never even saw it (it was in amongst a group of Great Crested Terns) and rather distant. It was only when studying the picture preparing to process it that I spotted it.

Is that still a Life Tick I wonder?;)

Ooooh!! Thanks Richard.

Never even saw it (it was in amongst a group of Great Crested Terns) and rather distant. It was only when studying the picture preparing to process it that I spotted it.

It’s frustrating I know Delia, but I couldn’t bring myself to tick it in those circumstances ( but I promise not to tell if you do so;)).

Agree with Richard, and most others wouldn't tick it either I believe ...

(But it's your list, your rules etc ...blah blah blah ... ;) )

I guess it's down to seeing and enjoying the bird at the time - if you'd known it was something different and wanted confirmation after that would be different ...

Ooooh!! Thanks Richard.

Tick it now. Untick it later when you're less emotionally attached then tick it again when you actually see one. Double the fun. That's the approach I often take with uncertain IDs.
Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back