• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye Relief of Meostar 8x32 vs. 10x32 ? (1 Viewer)

I like the Meopta Meostar B1s, and carefully looking at the 12X50 or the 15X56, going over application issues. I have the 7 and 8X42 B1s and they have become a favorite glass, which really surprised me. I tried the Euro 8X32 last year at Cabelas (when they were around $450) and thought the eye-cups were too small for my eye -sockets, an ergonomic issue non the less, the optics were a step up compared to the Nikon M7 8X30 IMO, not to mention the build quality.
The eyecups on the 7 and 8X42 are larger diameter and work great, plenty of eye relief with each. If you get a chance to view the 7 or 8X42 B1s take a view, they may surprise you, or not.

Andy W.

Hi Andy, unfortunately there is no chance of trying anything much without buying it, unless I just happened to come across someone using a pair of Meostars, but I bet those are nice. Would also be interested in any further comments about Meostar B1 HD and non-HD, as to any real advantage there might be.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back