• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Google - this site may harm your computer ?? (1 Viewer)

Kits

Picture Picker
This afternoon I decided to do some research on Google. However, every site brought up had a message underneath saying This site may harm your computer even though McAfee had green ticks against most of them indicating they were safe. I clicked on the top site (RSPB as I thought it must be okay) and a page came up saying that it was an unsafe site and I could either try searching again or visit the site at my own risk. However, I could not access the site at all.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it a Google fault? Or is there something wrong with my PC?

It's actually made bbc teletext headlines pg114
Google are unclear on what caused the problem but will make a statement later.
cheers,
Andy

Yes, the same problem is here too. It looks not so good when the messages started to pop up all over the place. I use Firefox and have had exactly the same messages, so now I am reluctant to use the website links.

So you are not imagining things folks. I though I was going cuckoo myself.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back