• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Shrike Kenya (1 Viewer)

monkir

Seen in Meru end of June. I thought it was an Isabelline Shrike but these should have migrated by the end of April. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3776.jpg
    IMG_3776.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 35
Well, it has a black tail and no eyebrow, as well as being quite dark. Each of these separately rule out Isabelline, I think?

I would go for immature Long-tailed Fiscal myself, assuming that the angle of the photo makes the tail look shorter. But I suppose it might be immature Common Fiscal.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back