• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Falcon steganography (1 Viewer)

michael1

I am in another group that is giving the Eastern European falcon on the Vineyard, (Katama, I think), well over a 50 percent chance of being steganography, a political message above most heads. For this reason we are curious as to what bird people think the odds of this occuring naturally would be?, by ship etc? The bird also seems tame. Prior to the opening of the Suez and the Panama the Vineyard was the 'worlds central post offfice'. Or at least where all the current events, a full picture of what is going on in the world would appear first. The end of the 'mapmakers baseline' or 'Babylon line'. Prior to water navigation Babylon was the obvious center, (by camal caravan), of the world. And, as it istaught at top of naval intelligence, that line (as navigation changed the center of the world that banking would follow) went from Babylon to Jerusalem to Rhodes, Rome, Malta, Lisbon, the Azores, Nantucket (but the sandbar built up) to Martha's Vineyard. And some are wondering if the Maltese Falcon is now the Vineyard embarssment. Animals have been used in the past. Following the surprise Soviet naval maneuvers of 1984 a package was left on a plane from Mexico City to Miami containing 13 lizards of various types. The types and number sent a funny message, and was even given as an example of a created story for steganography. Seeing this happen in early August just prior to the North Korean rant and Iranian smirk that nuclear energy is needed for 'weapons' (sic), it would be a timely fit. And one of the bigger messages is that now the US is on the 'last to know' area of critical messages. Reading these sorts of messages is also called, 'reading the billboards'. I was taught as a child by my Father who worked for Time. Henry Luce was from the family who held that very private postal system in Vinyard Haven on the Vineyard. Though he grew up in central China, he used that old network to build Time Inc. Therefore, we have these questions, 1- what are the odds that the bird is a plant? 2- Would it stay in same area? There is very little international traffic to Katama airport, but some Canadian. 3- What areas of Eastern Europe does the falcon hail from? The real anger now comes from Odessa, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Georgia as well as the more traditional geopolitical 'Axis', though power, (critical information) is now going from south to north, not north to south. 4- So is there any particular country or city associated with the bird, as in state symbol, crest, historical figure etc? 5- And with that, what countries would be most associated with the bird? You never know, at times it seems that nature itself comments, such as the weird storm when the elder Bush and Gorby met at sea off of Malta. Still the heads of world media, Murdock etc. still meet every August on the Vineyard. If a message, what a perfect one !!!! What a hoot. Or is it screeech? Michael Donovan, Camden, ME, [email protected]

Hello Michael and welcome to Birdforum from the Moderators and Staff.

I must say that your first post has left me slightly confused, in particular your use of the term, steganography. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate.

"Therefore, we have these questions,
1- what are the odds that the bird is a plant?"

General biology would show that both are totally different. Plants grow in the ground, soil etc. Birds hatch from eggs, laid by their mummies, grow up in the nest due to nurturing by their parents, and they can fly. Very few plants can fly.

"2- Would it stay in same area?"

If it's a plant, then probably, but if it's a bird, and there is nothing wrong with it, the world's its cage.

"3- What areas of Eastern Europe does the falcon hail from?"

You later mention "Maltese Falcon". The clue is in "Maltese". You mention the country twice. Are you posting subliminal messages for beneficial intentions??
Do you think George Bush Jnr knows about you. He probably does now.

"4- So is there any particular country or city associated with the bird, as in state symbol, crest, historical figure etc?"

If it is indeed a Maltese Falcon, then try Malta, but if it were from there, then it has escaped the wrath of the shooters. That's mabye why it is now where it is. It formed an escape committee.

"5- And with that, what countries would be most associated with the bird?"

You are slipping up. You have already asked that question.

"You never know, at times it seems that nature itself comments, such as the weird storm when the elder Bush and Gorby met at sea off of Malta."

Now an "Elder Bush" is a plant, so are we now getting somewhere?? But then you confuse the situation witht the term "Gorby". Is this a colloquialism for a Falcon??

"Still the heads of world media, Murdock etc. still meet every August on the Vineyard. If a message, what a perfect one !!!!"

Maybe they are just reliving Woodstock.

"What a hoot. Or is it screeech?"

Again you are confusing the issue. Is it a Falcon or an Owl. Please clarify.

Ps, are you sure that you are not reliving Woodstock, and the chemical influences which were rife there at the time?? Crash the grass man!!!

Wiwpoabfityaodoseaicbbtttaf. Br.

Malky

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Hello Michael, and welcome to the forum. I'm very confused, but found this site via Google:

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/S/steganography.html

Is this the meaning you had in mind?????
Yes, that is the meaning though the computer age has altered the meaning slightly. In the past it would be a high level political message hidden in the open. This is usually in major media and a mesage designed to be read two ways. And example, say you were saying as policy that you wished forces in the Sudan to move no further north. A full page ad would read, "You May Go No Further North", and under in small type, 'Visit Lapland, Travel and Liesure'. From time to time you will see full page ads on the back of the first section of the NYTimes that a junior copywriter would be fired for if truly and ad. In an age of secret agreements concerning non use of nuclear weapons these messages need be semi open. This can then make a statement policy rather than whim. If there were objections then those in the know could voice them. A fully secret message through an embassy etc could not do this. These billboards are often silent, or simple chatter. At times such as the past month or so they have been again active as the nuclear question is still the underlying issue. I appreciate the humor of some of the other posts in reply, and any further droll comments are welcome. But I am still very curious as to serious answers to my questions. Or how to get the answers, etc. Thank you for responding.
Michael Donovan, Camden ME

michael1 said:
Yes, that is the meaning though the computer age has altered the meaning slightly. In the past it would be a high level political message hidden in the open. This is usually in major media and a mesage designed to be read two ways. And example, say you were saying as policy that you wished forces in the Sudan to move no further north. A full page ad would read, "You May Go No Further North", and under in small type, 'Visit Lapland, Travel and Liesure'. From time to time you will see full page ads on the back of the first section of the NYTimes that a junior copywriter would be fired for if truly and ad. In an age of secret agreements concerning non use of nuclear weapons these messages need be semi open. This can then make a statement policy rather than whim. If there were objections then those in the know could voice them. A fully secret message through an embassy etc could not do this. These billboards are often silent, or simple chatter. At times such as the past month or so they have been again active as the nuclear question is still the underlying issue. I appreciate the humor of some of the other posts in reply, and any further droll comments are welcome. But I am still very curious as to serious answers to my questions. Or how to get the answers, etc. Thank you for responding.
Michael Donovan, Camden ME

Paranoia, or conspiracy theory?

The species regularly appears at sites which are well outside its normal breeding range, and once it has arrived it often hangs around for quite a while. Red-footed falcons have reached Iceland two or three times as far as I remember, so it is not that much further to Martha's Vineyard. In Eastern European it has its stronghold in Hungary and to a lesser extent in Bulgaria, Romania and Moldova. With the exception of the latter, all of these countries are now members of NATO and members, or candidates for membership, of the European Union, and thus less hostile than the original poster appears to believe. The species is also distributed from the Ukraine east and northwards into Siberia. I think a natural origin is much more likely than some obscure conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back