• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Central Coast of California Birds (1 Viewer)

Light Catcher

Hello,

I wanted to share some of my favorite bird photos that were taken along the Central Coast of California. Locations include Santa Cruz, Moss Landing, Monterey and Pacific Grove. I recently visited the Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor and there were plenty of Black-crowned Night Herons, Heermann's Gulls and few Great Blue Herons gracing this area. The great majority of my Great Blue Heron, Night Heron, Brown Pelican, Heermann's Gull and Double-crested Cormorant photos were taken there.

My Snowy and Great Egret photos were taken mainly along the beaches in Santa Cruz.

The majority of my Brandt's Cormorants were photographed in Moss Landing and Monterey along with my Black Oystercatchers, which were taken mainly in Pacific Grove.

I hope you enjoy these beautiful birds! All of my bird & wildlife photos were taken hand-held and have not been cropped. I use superzoom bridge cameras only.

Tony

Double-crested Cormorant (Santa Cruz)
img_4471%20-%20copy-M.jpg

Black-crowned Night Heron (Santa Cruz)
IMG_0358-M.jpg

Brandt's Cormorant (Moss Landing)
2016brittonphotos%20%283%29-M.jpg

Green Heron (Santa Cruz)
greenheronbritton2015-M.jpg

Great Blue Heron (Santa Cruz)
Great%20Blue%20Heron%20Tony%20Britton%202014-M.jpg

Great photos Tony. The eyes on that Brandt's Cormorant are really striking. I'll be heading out to California for the first time next year so looking forward to seeing these!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back