• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sad loss of David Cobham (1 Viewer)

DavidST

Learned contributors,
A cold dark shadow has crossed the world of raptor research and conservation.
David Cobham author and conservationist passed away on 25th March.
A tremendous loss.
This was dated 26th March
Good morning,
I’m very sorry to say that David passed away last night. He had a stroke 6 weeks ago and was up and down for a while until last Tuesday when he had a 2nd stroke, this one catastrophic. We will be holding a small family funeral and organising a large memorial service in August which we will let you know the details of once we know more.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact my daughter Sophie by email to [email protected]

Best regards

Liza (David’s wife)
x

Hope it helps
Be lucky
David ST

I am so sorry to hear your sad news Liza and Sarah.

A very sad loss for you and the natural world too.

I hope you don't mind but I found the BBC obituary to David: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-43546780.

I'm sorry, he didn't blow his own trumpet in this forum, and I don't think many of us would have made the connection.

Many thanks for letting us know.

Details of Memorial Service

Learned contributors,
Here is the update from Sophie, David's daughter.

A memorial service will be held to celebrate David's life at his beloved Cambridge University at Corpus Christi on Friday 17th August at 11am.

All are welcome, so if you know someone who has not received this email who would like to attend please do pass on the details.

It will be a simple service, celebrating David and reminiscing about some of his adventures.

Tributes & Photos

There will be an opportunity for a limited number of people to speak about David at this service and if you would like to be one of those people please let me know and we will confirm as soon as possible.

If you have any good photos of David that would be a nice addition to the memorial order of service please send them to me at this email address. ([email protected] )

Flowers or Donations

We have been asked about sending flowers and would ask for no flowers, and instead that the money you might've spent on those be donated to one of the following 2 great choices:

Norfolk & Norwich University Trust

The hospital looked after David wonderfully and so we have set up a Just Giving page for donations to this at www.justgiving.com/davidcobham

JustGiving sends your donation straight to The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust Charitable Fund and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more.

Memorial Hide at Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve

If you would like to donate towards the build of a hide in David's memory at the moor please send cheques, made out to Hawk & Owl Trust, to Sophie Jewry, The Lodge, Fakenham Road, Norwich Norfolk NR8 6HS

I hope that answers most of your questions. If you have any other queries please ask.

If this has landed in your inbox in error I apologise and please disregard.

Best regards

Sophie

Hope it helps,
Be lucky
David

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back